Terms & Conditions
1. Books are dispatched once payment has been received.
2. Where possible the book(s) will be dispatched on the same day the purchase is made.
3. Books that are damaged in transit are replaced. The receiver is requested to provide a written account. The receiver must retain all packaging, contents and paperwork for a replacement book to be sent or for compensation to be given.
4. Where a multiple order for Banks on Sentence Volumes 1 and/or 2 of more than four copies is made, and after dispatch there is a request for further books, these will be charged at the original discounted rate. The subsequent order must be for two or more extra sets. This is because of dispatch and administration costs. The extra books must be for a person who is part of the organisation the made the purchase (e.g. chambers or firm of solicitors) and must go to the same address.
Copying, photocopying and retaining data
5. All Banks on Sentence publications including the website and iPad App are subject to copyright. Click here for more details.
6. Banks on Sentence does not have access to credit card details when books are purchased from its website.
7. For all other orders, credit card details are not retained for longer than seven days.
8. Banks on Sentence is aware of its responsibilities under the various Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations. Banks on Sentence complies with all its obligations.
For Privacy and Data Protection click here
9. Where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regs 2000 (as amended) or other regulation provide a longer period for the return of the books, the period for returning the book(s) shall be that longer period.
10. Where an order is dispatched but not delivered because the Post Office or courier etc. was unable to deliver the book(s) because the buyer was not present, the book(s) will be resent provided the customer pays the fresh dispatch costs.
11. Refunds will be made for any book(s) returned undamaged, within 14 days. The refund will be the money paid less the dispatch costs of the original order.
Lost book claims
12. Where a purchaser claims the book(s) has not been delivered, a replacement book(s) will not be sent out until a written request setting out the circumstances has been received and Banks on Sentence considers the claim valid.
Payment and ownership of the books
13. When the book(s) are dispatched, the book(s) remain the property of Banks on Sentence until the customer's payment has been credited.
14. When a cheque or other money order is received and prior to being credited is subsequently stopped etc. and Banks on Sentence has a bank charge levied as a result, the customer shall be liable to pay the charge.
15. Where payment is credited and subsequently revoked etc., the book(s) become the property of Banks on Sentence until the matter has been resolved.
Banks on Sentence for iPad
18. The 2011-2012 App will cease to be updated from March 2012. The 2012-2013 App will cease to be updated after March 2013.
19. Banks on Sentence reserves the right to record telephone calls made with people who Banks on Sentence suspects of fraud or illegal activities.
Exclusion of liability
20. To the extent that the seller is lawfully able to do so, the seller excludes their liability for any claims, losses and/or damages of any nature resulting from: a) the use of, or the inability to use, the seller's website and b) the use of the information contained in Banks on Sentence publications or on the seller's website.
21. The exclusion extends to persons who do not purchase the book.
Banks on Sentence
19 April 2013