Terms and conditions for retailers, governments and the CPS
These terms are not applicable to any purchases made by the Ministry of Justice. In addition, sales to shops are for retail purposes only and not for onward sale to the Ministry of Justice.
- Where possible the book(s) will be dispatched on the same day as the purchase is made. If the book(s) are sent by courier, the courier company guarantees next business day delivery.
- Where an order is received there is no obligation for the seller to provide the book(s) until payment has been received. However, Banks on Sentence normally provides no credit for 1-3 sets and credit for orders of four books or more.
3. Books will remain the property of Banks on Sentence until payment has been received.
- When a purchaser buys the book(s) from the BoS website, Banks on Sentence has no access to the purchaser's credit card details.
- For all other orders, credit card details are not retained for longer than seven days.
- Banks on Sentence is aware of its responsibilities under the various Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations. Banks on Sentence complies with its obligations.
- Banks on Sentence reserves the right to amend discounts without notice. The granted discount for a particular order or series of orders relates only to those orders and does not mean Banks on Sentence is required to continue with the discount.
- Banks on Sentence reserves the right to grant different discounts for the same order.
- Although the discounts advertised will normally apply, the decision about the suitable discount is made on receipt of the order and need not be at the advertised rate.
- Any book(s) damaged during dispatch will be replaced on return of the damaged book(s) to Banks on Sentence. To claim this, the receiver must retain all the packaging and documents and provide Banks on Sentence with a written account of how the damage was discovered.
- Refunds will be considered for any book(s) returned within 14 days. Refunds will only be paid for undamaged book(s), less the postage or courier costs. These refunds are at the discretion of Banks on Sentence.
- Where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regs 2000 (as amended) provide a longer period for the return of the book(s) the period for returning the book(s) shall be that longer period.
- Where an order is dispatched but not delivered because the Post Office or courier was unable to deliver it, the book(s) will be resent provided the customer pays the fresh delivery costs, when the customer absence etc. was the cause of non-delivery.
- When a new edition of Banks on Sentence is published, unsold copies of a previous edition will be credited against the shop’s next order provided the covers of the unsold book(s) are removed and returned to Banks on Sentence.
Lost Book Claims
- Where a purchaser claims an order has not been delivered, replacement book(s) will not be sent out until a written request setting out the circumstances has been received. The replacement of ‘lost’ books is at the discretion of Banks on Sentence.
Exclusion of Liability
- To the extent that the seller is lawfully able to do so, the seller excludes his liability for any claims, losses and/or damages of any nature resulting from: a) the use of, or the inability to use, the seller's website and b) the use of the information contained in Banks on Sentence or on the seller's website. The exclusion extends to persons who do not purchase the book(s).
17. Click here for copyright information.
Change of Terms
18. Banks on Sentence reserves the right to change these terms at any time.
19. If a retailer requires more information they are invited to ring 01435 883838.
Banks on Sentence
12 April 2018